|Minister of Defence|
|Assumed office |
17 December 2021
|Prime Minister||Petr Fiala|
|Preceded by||Lubomír Metnar|
|Member of the Chamber of Deputies|
|Assumed office |
29 May 2010
|Mayor of Prague 2|
26 March 2012 – 20 December 2021
|Preceded by||Jiří Paluska|
|Succeeded by||Alexandra Udženija|
|Born|| (1973-10-26) October 26, 1973 (age 48)|
(now Czech Republic)
|Political party||ODS (1997–present)|
|Alma mater||Metropolitan University Prague|
Jana Černochová (born 26 October 1973) is a Czech politician, serving as Czech Minister of Defence in the Cabinet of Petr Fiala since December 2021. She has been a member of the Czech parliament since 2010, representing the Civic Democratic Party (ODS).
Černochová graduated from high school in 1992 and began working in a bank. She later studied international relations at the Metropolitan University Prague.
After joining ODS in 1997, Černochová became active in municipal politics and became Mayor of Prague 2. She became a member of parliament in 2010. Following the 2017 elections, she became the chair of the Chamber of Deputies' defence committee.
Černochová is a supporter of gun rights. She is a concealed carry license holder and carries a Glock 26 Olive Gen4. She also owns a special edition CZ 75B Operace Anthropoid pistol and a PAR MK3 rifle, a Czech made AR 15 variant.
- ^ "Nechci tu politický islám ani ženské obřízky, říká Černochová". Lidovky.cz. 25 January 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- ^ "ODS už hledá ministra obrany. Má Černochovou a Kubatu". Lidovky.cz. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- ^ "Černochová rezignovala na starostku Prahy 2. Neumí si představit kombinaci s ministerským postem". iRozhlas.cz. 20 December 2021. Retrieved 20 December 2021.
- ^ "Bojovnice za zbraně Černochová: Útoky na síti byly hrozně sprosté". TÝDEN.cz. 16 July 2017. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- ^ Gawron, Tomáš. "Zbraně & poslankyně Jana Černochová" [Firearms & Member of Parliament Jana Černochová]. zbrojnice.com (in Czech). Retrieved 28 July 2018.