Stagecoach London ADL Enviro400H MMC in Thamesmead in July 2022
|Service area||Central London|
South East London
|Service type||Bus services|
Lea Interchange Bus Company
Stagecoach London is a major bus operator in Greater London. It is a subsidiary of Stagecoach and operates services under contract to Transport for London mostly in East and South East London as well as some services into Central London.
It is the largest subsidiary of Stagecoach group with 314.5 million passengers journeys in 2015-16 and a fleet of nearly 1300 buses.
In 1994 Stagecoach purchased the East London and Selkent operations during the privatisation of London bus services. Both continued to trade under their existing names until November 2000 when Stagecoach consolidated its London operations under the Stagecoach London brand with both remaining as separate legal entities.
In October 2010 Stagecoach reacquired its old London operations with all operations once again rebranded as Stagecoach London.
In May 2022, Stagecoach announced it would takeover Tower Transit Lea Interchange garage for 20 million pounds. The takeover was completed on 25 June 2022. Stagecoach operates the garage under the Lea Interchange Bus Company Limited legal entity.
- East London (East London Bus and Coach Company)
- Selkent (South East London and Kent Bus Company)
- Thameside (East London Bus Company)
- Lea Interchange Bus Company (former Tower Transit operations at Lea Interchange)
In 2000 Stagecoach's standard bus livery of a dark blue skirt and orange and light blue swirl at the rear with the standard white replaced by red was introduced. After the sale to Macquarie Bank, an all red livery was introduced.
A coach operation traded under the brand East London Coaches ceasing in February 2007 and a Travelshop which closed in March 2009 that was based at the company's then Ilford head office. The head office is now at the West Ham depot.
- ^ a b "EAST LONDON BUS & COACH COMPANY LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- ^ a b "SOUTH EAST LONDON & KENT BUS COMPANY LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- ^ The mighty Macquarie is only human The Independent 20 August 2006
- ^ Interim results for the six months ended 31 October 2006 Stagecoach Group 6 December 2006
- ^ a b Companies House extract company no 6667411 East London Bus Limited
- ^ Stagecoach re-enters London bus market BBC News 15 October 2010
- ^ "Stagecoach strikes £20m deal to snap up Kelsian's 150 buses in east London". 27 May 2022.
- ^ "Sale Completion East London Bus Operation and Finance Update". Australian Securities Exchange. Kelsian. 27 June 2022. Retrieved 15 July 2022.
- ^ "Stagecoach welcomes Tower Transit team to its London operations". Stagecoach. 27 June 2022. Retrieved 15 July 2022.
- ^ "LEA INTERCHANGE BUS COMPANY LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- ^ "LEA INTERCHANGE BUS COMPANY LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- Media related to Stagecoach London at Wikimedia Commons
- London Buses website
- Scottish Citylink (37%)
- Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
- Stagecoach East
- Stagecoach East Midlands
- Stagecoach East Scotland
- Stagecoach London
- East London
- Stagecoach Manchester
- Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire
- Stagecoach Midlands
- Stagecoach North East
- Stagecoach North Scotland
- Stagecoach South
- Stagecoach South East
- Stagecoach South Wales
- Stagecoach South West
- Stagecoach West
- Stagecoach West Scotland
- Stagecoach Yorkshire
- Coach Canada
- Coach USA:
- East Midlands Trains
- Fleet Buzz
- Gray Coach
- Island Line Trains
- Manchester Metrolink
- Megabus (Europe)
- Megabus (North America)
- South West Trains
- Stagecoach Australia
- Stagecoach Cambridgeshire
- Stagecoach in Darlington
- Stagecoach Kenya
- Stagecoach New Zealand
- Stagecoach North West
- Stagecoach in Norfolk
- Stagecoach In Oxfordshire
- Stagecoach in Preston
- Stagecoach Rail
- Ticketclever (20%)
- Virgin CrossCountry (49%)
- Virgin Trains East Coast (90%)
- Virgin Trains West Coast (49%)